SFB 985 Functional Microgels and Microgel Systems
September 19 – 22, 2022 in Monschau, Germany
The third summer international school on Microgels, organized by the SFB 985 Functional Microgels and Microgel Systems at RWTH Aachen University, is approaching. The summer school will take place in Monschau, Germany (near Aachen) September 19-22 2022. The lectures, we will again be held by world leading scientists with expertise from different fields with a common interest in microgels.
- Synthesis strategies for functionalized microgels
- Characterization techniques for microgels
- Computer simulations on different length scales
- Physical properties and behavior of microgels and microgel suspensions
- Applications and uses of microgels across disciplines
- Michel Cloitre, CNRS (France)
- Jérôme Crassous, SFB 985, RWTH Aachen (Germany)
- Alberto Fernandez-Nieves, University of Barcelona (Spain)
- Yuri Gerrelli, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona (Italy)
- Thomas Hellweg, Bielefeld University (Germany)
- Sonja Herres-Pawlis, SFB 985, RWTH Aachen University (Germany)
- Judith Houston, European Spallation Source ESS, Lund (Sweden)
- Matthias Karg, Heinrich Heine University Düsseldorf (Germany)
- Kai Leonhard, SFB 985, RWTH Aachen University (Germany)
- Adel Mhamdi, SFB 985, RWTH Aachen University (Germany)
- Janne-Mieke Meijer, Eindhoven University of Technology (Netherlands)
- Andrij Pich, SFB 985, RWTH Aachen University (Germany)
- Igor Potemkin, SFB 985, DWI Aachen (Germany)
- Brian Saunders, The University of Manchester (Great Britain)
- Andrea Scotti, SFB 985, RWTH Aachen University (Germany)
- Emanuela Zaccarelli, “La Sapienza” University Rome (Italy)
Registration is open July 1 until July 31, 2022.
Please note that the number of participants is limited. Please, wait for a confirmation from us, before you book your flight or train.
All participants will have the opportunity to present their scientific work as a poster.
For registration please, copy the following lines into an email, fill it in and send it together with an abstract for your poster to firstname.lastname@example.org.
I will present a poster yes/no (if yes, please include the abstract in your e-mail):
Single room desired yes/no:
I would like to share a room with:
I have certain food requirements (vegetarian, vegan, no pork, others…):
I will take part in the farewell dinner Thu, Sept 22 19:30 h in Aachen yes/no:
Please note: As the school will on September 19 in the morning and will end with a farewell dinner in Aachen at September 22 in the evening, we recommend travel from and to Aachen for September 18 and September 23, respectively. A bus transfer from/to Aachen to/from Monschau will be available before and after the school.
|Sun, Sept 18||Arrival to Aachen|
|Mon, Sept 19 – |
Thu, Sept 22
|Summer School in Monschau with bus transfer from and back to Aachen|
|Thu, Sept 22||Farewell Dinner in Aachen|
|Fri, Sept 23||Departure from Aachen|
There will be no fee for the summer school and costs for the hotel in Monschau from Sept 19-22 will be covered by the SFB 985.
Travel (flight/train to Aachen) as well as accommodation in Aachen for the night before and after the summer school have to be organized and covered by the participants.
The final program will be published here soon.